These Top 10 Albums of 2015. Because.
10. Daktyl: Cyclical – Because it’s the smartest edm sound I’ve heard all year.
9. Seven Davis Jr: Universes – Because holy space funk.
8. Father John Misty: I Love You, Honeybear – Because it’s borderline overwrought but clearly genius.
7. Ghostface Killa and BadBadNotGood: Sour Soul – Because it reminded me that Hip Hop is great again.
6. Jamie XX: In Colour – Because OMGosh throwback Bass.
5. Unknown Mortal Orchestra: Multi Love – Because if you squint real hard, you can see that rock is filling the void of lackluster R&B.
4. Alabama Shakes: Sound & Color – Because my son and I are mesmerized when we see Brittany Howard sing.
3. The Weeknd: Beauty Behind The Madness – Because I would have totally run with the emo R&B clique in high school if it was a thing back then.
2. Neon Indian: Vega Intl. Night School – Because he now sounds like The Avalanches. You can’t go wrong if you sound like The Avalanches.
1. Tame Impala: Currents – Because.